- Who should reside in the home while it is in the market for sale?
- Who should pay the mortgage, taxes, insurance, maintenance, and other expenses while the home is on the market for sale?
- What if the party residing in the home attempts to thwart the sale of the home by refusing to maintain the lawn or make the home available for showings?
- Who will pay for any extraordinary maintenance, such as replacing an appliance?
- How will a realtor be selected?
- How will the listing price be set?
- How will sales price be determined?
- How will the net sales proceeds be distributed between the parties?
- Will the party paying the mortgage and other expenses be entitled to receive any credit for paying such expenses before the net sales proceeds are divided between the parties?
The information contained in this article and throughout this website is correct and accurate as of the date of publication of the content. While accurate and informative, the content is provided to help you make decisions in choosing a lawyer to help you through your divorce. You should not rely on this general information as legal advice. Please seek advocacy with an experienced family law attorney in order to gain full understanding of the elements of your family law matter. Daphne Edwards is available for comprehensive and confidential consultation by appointment. Call 919-838-7160 to schedule yours today.